Things to do
Discover the Gard and all it has to offer
- The Cèze valley and its lovely perched villages (Montclus, Goudargues, La Roque sur Cèze).
- The Cévennes and its valleys (La Corniche des Cévennes, Le Mont Aigoual, St Hyppolyte du Fort, St Jean du Gard, Anduze).
- The Mont Bouquet and the Mont Lozère.
- Museum visits (Silk museum, Mineralogical museum, Camisards museum, Alès show-mines, prehistory museum in St Ambroix).
- Here is a list of nice places to go to with children: The Bamboo Grove in Anduze, The Isles bird sanctuary, the steam train in the Cévennes and the several caves (Cocalière, Aven Orgnac, la Salamandre…).
- Finally, you can also discover the Camargue (Grau du Roi, Aigues Mortes) or some of the great places in the Languedoc Roussillon (Nîmes, Uzès, Pont du Gard).
- St Ambroix.
You will enjoy refreshing yourself after a stroll in one of the different rivers (Cèze, Gardon, Ardèche) and practice:
- Canoeing on the river Cèze departing from St Ambroix.
- In Vallon Pont d’arc, canoe trip through the Gorges de l’Ardèche: 35 minutes away.
- Canyoning, Via Ferrata, rock-climbing in Les Vans: 25 minutes away.
- Horse riding in St Ambroix and its surroundings.
- Paragliding in the Mont Bouquet: 20 minutes away.
- Potholing in the Grotte (cave) de la Salamandre: 25 minutes away.
- Adventure Park « Le Grand Bois » (canopy adventure park with a 300m zip-line): 10 minutes away.
- Fishing in the Cèze river.
- Hiking trails, mountain bike trails.