Things to do
Discover the Gard and all it has to offer
- The Cèze valley and its lovely perched villages (Montclus, Goudargues, La Roque sur Cèze).
- The Cévennes and its valleys (La Corniche des Cévennes, Le Mont Aigoual, St Hyppolyte du Fort, St Jean du Gard, Anduze).
- The Mont Bouquet and the Mont Lozère.
- Museum visits (Silk museum, Mineralogical museum, Camisards museum, Alès show-mines, prehistory museum in St Ambroix).
- Here is a list of nice places to go to with children: The Bamboo Grove in Anduze, The Isles bird sanctuary, the steam train in the Cévennes and the several caves (Cocalière, Aven Orgnac, la Salamandre…) and, for dinosaur enthusiasts, come and discover Dinopédia 20 minutes from the campsite.
- Finally, you can also discover the Camargue (Grau du Roi, Aigues Mortes) or some of the great places in the Languedoc Roussillon (Nîmes, Uzès, Pont du Gard).
- St Ambroix.
You will enjoy refreshing yourself after a stroll in one of the different rivers (Cèze, Gardon, Ardèche) and practice:
- Canoeing on the river Cèze departing from St Ambroix.
- In Vallon Pont d’arc, canoe trip through the Gorges de l’Ardèche: 35 minutes away.
- Canyoning, Via Ferrata, rock-climbing in Les Vans: 25 minutes away.
- Horse riding in St Ambroix and its surroundings.
- Paragliding in the Mont Bouquet: 20 minutes away.
- Potholing in the Grotte (cave) de la Salamandre: 25 minutes away.
- Adventure Park « Le Grand Bois » (canopy adventure park with a 300m zip-line): 10 minutes away.
- Fishing in the Cèze river.
- Hiking trails, mountain bike trails.